LdapRecord-Laravel comes with two ways to authenticate LDAP users into your application. Read each use case below and select one that best suits your needs.
- You don't need to attach any data to your LDAP users.
- You're okay with your application being inaccessible if your LDAP server is down.
- Your application critically depends on LDAP user roles and status (i.e. user enablement/disablement, group memberships).
Synchronized Database Authentication
- You need to attach data to your LDAP users.
- Your application may need to authenticate other registered non-LDAP users.
- Your application must be accessible if your LDAP server is unavailable or down.